International Roaming is the capacity to allow you to use your cell phone with the same number while you are in a different country by using one of its operators to enable you reaching your Family, Friends & Business.
While traveling to a different country, you can still be in touch with your family, friends and business because your Zain line will still be working through another operator’s network in the country you are visiting.
Connectivity while roaming is provided by a wide range of operators.Zain-Sudan has a wide coverage all around the world
How Do I use the Roaming Service?
· Check with Zain’s Customer service or Zain -shops that your mobile subscription allows you to have the roaming service activated for you, this means that you have to pay a refundable security deposit of 600 SDG.
· Make sure that Zain has a roaming agreement by referring to Zain Web site and also your mobile phone handset is supported on at least one network in the country you are traveling to.
How to select network while abroad?
There are two ways of selecting the network while roaming:
1) Automatic Network Selection:
Network selection will be done automatically by your handset.
2) Manual Network Selection:
To register manually, go to the network selection and choose the option manually, once the search completed, the phone will display all the available network operators you can roam with.
Manual selection is simple by following the next steps:
1) Select "Networks" from your phone's menu
2) Choose "Network Selection"
3) Choose "Manual"
4) You will see a list of all operators available in the country.
5) Select one of those operators.
6) If registration fails, try to process again by choosing a different network operator .
7) Once a network is selected, your phone will display the network operator's name.
Things to remember while Roaming
ü To call home or any other country, type the international access code and the country code along with the telephone number. You need to add +2499 for all calls to Sudan.
For example: +2499-XXXX XXXX for dialing a Zain number
+24918X-XXX XXX for dialing a land line.
ü When roaming you pay for SMS sent only but for calls you pay for both making and receiving calls.
You can use your mobile while abroad on Airoplane Emirates Airlines.
If you need any assistance while roaming abroad, you can contact us by: Calling our customer care on: (+249) 9 12300000 or (+249) 9 12000000
Countries We Roam In
Roam with Zain and get connected with more than 290 operators